19C French Palissyware Clam Dish. Classic French pottery ......known as palissyware......the use of fauna, grass…
Lladro Figurine of Girl with Calla Lilies.
[headline style=”16″ font_size=”15″ align=”center” headline_tag=”h2″]
Lladro Figurine of Girl with Calla Lilies
Cute little Lladro Figurine of Girl with Calla Lilies…………or “Nino Con Calas” in Espanyol.
Fully marked……..model 4650…….discontinued model…..making it more collectible !!
Sculpted by Vincente Martinez and produced from 1969 to 1998.
Slight damage….one lily missing….not even noticeable……………..priced accordingly for such a rare and discontinued model.
[feature_box style=”3″ only_advanced=”There%20are%20no%20title%20options%20for%20the%20choosen%20style” alignment=”center”]
LLADRO COLLECTORS ARE COUNTED IN THEIR MILLIONS !!!
LLADRO PORCELAIN: Lladró (Valencian pronunciation: [ʎaˈðɾo]) is a Spanish company based in Tavernes Blanques, Valencia, that produces porcelain figurines.
The company was founded in 1953 by three brothers, Juan, José and Vicente Lladró, in the village of Almàssera near Valencia. Starting with items such as vases and jugs, it wasn’t until 1956 that they started producing the sculptures for which they are now most famous. Enthusiasm for the items produced by the Lladró brothers say their small workshop expand several times until eventually they moved to Tavernes Blanques in 1958.
1962, the brothers open the Professional Training School at their site in Tavernes Blanques to share their knowledge and experience.
1969, on 13 October the City of Porcelain was opened by the Spanish Minister for Industry. It took 2 years to build, and currently over 2,000 people work there.
1970, Lladró begins to use a new material, gres, for its sculptures. It has earthy colours and is used frequently in natural themes.
1973, Lladró buys 50% of the North American company Weil Ceramics & Glass.
1974, the first blue emblem, consisting of a bellflower and ancient chemical symbol, appears on the base to show the origin of the sculpture. The Elite Collection is also launched.
1984, Rosa, Mari Carmen and Juan Vicente Lladró joined the company. One child of each of the founding members. They underwent a long apprenticeship before they were permitted responsibility in the company.
1985, the Collector’s Society is formed. The first annual sculpture, called “Little Pals”, can fetch several thousand US dollars at auction due to the small number of members able to purchase it in the early years.
1986, Lladró forms an alliance with the Mitsui Group creating a subsidiary called Bussan Lladró based in Tokyo
1988, on September 18 in New York the Lladró Museum and Gallery is opened on 57th Street in Manhattan.
1993, Lladró receives the Principe Felipe award for internationalisation.
2001, Lladró Privilege, a new customer loyalty programme, takes over from the Lladró Collectors Society.
2004, Lladró Privilege Gold, a new level of loyalty programme within the Privilege programme.
2011, Lladró Privilege Society changes into Lladro Gold, Privilege name is dropped and only one level of membership is offered.
2013, Lladró Expands into the lighting market with Belle De Nuit, a collection of chandeliers, lamps and sconces.
2013, Lladro Releases the first piece in their new Dazzle collection which uses a geometric black and white design.
The manufacturing ingredients are kept under tight guard. The process is detailed in a number of Lladró publications and is on view for tours at the City of Porcelain. Lladró figurines are made of hard-paste porcelain.
Lladro Figurine of Girl with Cala Lilies.
Provenance: Bought in Europe.
Dimensions: 9.5″ High
Condition: very minor damage (see above)